Distributed Control System (DCS) Technician Conda Phosphate Operations Soda Springs, Idaho
Reporting to the Plant Services Supervisor, and functioning as a member of the Conda Phosphate Operations (CPO) Tech Services Team, this position supports plant operations by maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing the DCS and related systems across the facility. This position plays an integral role in the overall success of the facility by supporting the safety, environmental, reliability, quality, and production objectives.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Be a strong safety leader and actively support continuous EHS&S improvement on site
- Understand and support principles of PSM
- Provide technical support, advice and assistance to Operations, Maintenance, Tech Services, Materials Management, and other site groups
- Ownership of the process control system (Distributed Control System [DCS], Programmable Logic Controllers [PLCs] and associated devices; Variable Frequency Drives and communication networks) to ensure its availability and capability as the control platform and process operator interface.
- Management of the DCS and PLC platform and associated infrastructure regarding its maintenance and life-cycle management to ensure continued reliability.
- Maintenance of the process information systems historian and connectivity to the DCS.
- Utilizing DCS, PLC and communications technical expertise to provide day to day trouble-shooting to operations.
- Assisting with design, implementation and management of improvement projects related to the DCS/PLC platform and network.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, maintain and repair instrumentation and electrical systems, primarily focused on DCS.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Two years education at a vocational/technical school in the electrical or instrumentation field, or 5+ years directly related experience.
- Experience with DCS and PLCs is required, with preference given to individuals possessing Delta V expertise.
- 3+ years experience in a manufacturing plant or industrial environment.
- Working knowledge of electronic and pneumatic controllers and valve positioners
- Working knowledge of all types of instrument and electrical test equipment
- Experience with electrical distribution systems
- Possess strong troubleshooting and analytical ability
- Be proficient in Microsoft word, Excel, SAP experience considered a plus
- Self-starter and work with very little supervision
- Able to prioritize work and set work goals
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to excel in a team environment
Itafos Conda, LLC is committed to creating an inclusive workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.