Technician, Application Processing/Document Management
The jobholder is responsible for timely and accurate data entry of college applications and other forms as assigned. S/he enters and updates incoming admission applications and related applicant information on a computer database. Incumbent will also work closely with all residency determinations. S/he will communicate with all areas of the college affected by changes in residency for the purposes of financial aid, billing and specific community college exceptions. S/he works with other Admissions & Recruitment staff in support of the area’s functions as assigned. Additionally, the jobholder works with Information Technology services to resolve duplicate records and maintain accurate student data. The successful candidate will consistently demonstrate excellent customer service attributes.
• Serve as campus residency coordinator. Duties include: verifying finalized residency determinations by cross-referencing with the state-wide database; communicating changes in status between financial aid; finance and all other effected departments; place any exceptions on student’s accounts.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely entry of college applications and other forms associated with the application process.
• Reviews all application data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures. Verifies entered student data by reviewing, correcting, deleting or reentering data as appropriate.
• Serve as back-up for the imaging/transcript area. Maintain working knowledge of all duties of staff in the transcript office.
• Using excellent customer service, the job holder will follow-up on questions from applicants regarding the status of their file.
• Maintains a working knowledge of Admissions and Recruitment necessary to provide back-up.
• Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting changes when needed.
• Maintains confidentiality of student records.
• Assists in data correction, duplicate file removal, and reporting.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the CFNC application and communication system, as well as, outside correspondence tools used in completing student applications.
• Demonstrate and model the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.
• Participate in national, regional and state professional development initiatives to improve knowledge and skill base.
• Knowledge of the NC residency statute beneficial to assist students
• Timeliness of RCN processing crucial to student registration system
• Serves as GTCC Residency Liaison with the System Office
• Work requires mostly standing and walking.
• Director of Admissions and Recruitment – Daily
• Associate Degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
• Bachelors degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
• 3 years clerical experience
• Experience with high-volume data entry/processing (as determined by a GTCC pre-employment skills test)
• Experience in a customer service environment
• Greater than 3 years clerical experience
• Experience with an integrated student information system, e.g., Ellucian Datatel, Banner or Jenzabar
• Experience in an educational customer service environment
• Knowledge of Residency Determination Service
• Above average typing skills required along with keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Must have a pleasant personality; be able to work with peers, public, staff and faculty in a tactful and responsible manner.
• General knowledge and experience working with traditional, non-traditional, and multicultural post-secondary students.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to learn information and details related to GTCC programs, facilities, campuses, offices etc.
• Good organizational and time management skills with minimal supervision.
• An active team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• High levels of accuracy, confidentiality, and trustworthiness
• A strong understanding of the mission of the community college with a focus on student success.
• Must be flexible and willing to assist in other areas of Admissions & Recruitment when necessary and requested by supervisor.
The following (compliance) training is required and must be completed within the first 30 days of hire with annual refresher training thereafter:
• Safety/Shooter on Campus
• Personal Information Protection Training (PIP)
• Anti-Discrimination/Harassment & Title IX
• Other training may be required as determined applicable.
Physical Activity: Primarily sitting
Environmental Hazard(s): <15%