City TreasurerCITY OF PARMA
City of Parma City Treasurer
General Statement of Duties
Manages the day-to-day financial operations of cash management and expenditure reporting for the organization; directs all departments of the City in financial matters; project reporting; makes recommendations and implements internal controls, financial procedures, and policies; and performs related work as required.
The principal function of an employee in this class is to plan, organize, direct and administer the day-to-day financial activities of the City of Parma. This employee has direct responsibility for all financial accounting systems, municipal financing, cash management, budgeting, auditing, and capital asset acquisition. The Finance Director works closely with department directors, department managers, and the Mayor to coordinate financial activities and ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of City services. This employee updates and keeps the Mayor informed of all matters requiring his/her attention and for recommending financial policies and work practices. This is an appointed position serving at the pleasure of the Mayor and City Council. This individual works under the general direction of the City Council and the direct supervision of the Mayor. The finance Director supervises the following departments: Finance, CEC, Recreation, Golf, and I.T. Performs the principal duties of this class in a general office environment.
Acceptable Experience and Training
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in public administration, finance or other related fields; and/or
- Extensive experience in public and financial management and administration.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Required Special Qualifications
- Possession of a current and valid driver's license.
- Subject to a pre-employment drug test, credit history check and background check.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred however not required for hire.
- Will be required to become a Notary Public within three (3) months