Controller/Financial OfficerAMET Inc.
AMET, Inc., a small, well-established & progressive manufacturing company in Rexburg, Idaho is currently seeking a high-energy,
self-motivated individual to join our team as a Controller/Financial Officer. This salaried, exempt position reports directly to the
owners. Salary is negotiable depending on experience/qualifications. Benefits are available including vacation and personal
leave; medical & dental insurance; 401K. Send resume to email@example.com
Preferred Technical Skills/Education:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field
• Advanced degrees are a plus, as are professional designations (i.e., CPA, CMA, etc.),
• Minimum 2 years work history showing hands-on accounting experience (transactions, journal entries, month-end close,
financial statement preparation), as well as some supervision of other personnel.
• Demonstrable examples of problem-solving experiences or successful projects that delivered on targeted outcomes.
• Evidence of leadership ability, teamwork and fit, as determined through objective and subjective evaluations via personal
interviews, behavioral profiles, and interactive style assessments
Responsibilities Include, But Not Limited To:
• All accounting functions and financial reporting of multi-entity business
• Monthly financial statement preparation (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement) for multiple entities, individually,
• Report financial results to owners of company • Administers financial and risk management operations of company
• Perform job costing and analysis • Maintain adequate system of accounting records
• Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
• Cash flow forecasting models & cash flow management
• Represent the company with Bank & Treasury Management • Develop financial and tax strategies
• Oversee financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign companies
• Oversee company’s transaction processing systems
• Enhance accuracy of company’s reported financial results and ensure results comply with generally accepted accounting
principles and/or international financial reporting standards
• Fixed Asset tracking • Payroll Oversight
This position fills an emerging role within our organization, and requires some basic qualifications as a foundation to be
successful. They include the following:
Since 1989 AMET inc. has been an innovator and integrator of advanced welding systems
to meet the most demanding applications. We have installed systems in the nuclear,
aircraft, aerospace, oil & gas, wind tower, heavy industry, and general manufacturing
industries. For more information please visit our website at www.ametinc.com.
• Knowledge: Firm grasp of Financial Accounting Principles, including GAAP, & the financial reporting of multiple entities. Cost
analysis and/or manufacturing accounting experience is a plus. Knowledge of financial tools (short/long-term financing) and
treasury management (cash flow/banking).
• Leadership: Experience supervising the accounting work of others while management and leadership experience in any
• Precision: Attention to detail; reliability, accuracy, and timeliness of the information for which this position is accountable.
• Process-Orientation: Ability to take complex matters and simplify them quickly, sometimes where certainty is at a premium
and time is of the essence.
• Adaptability: Circumstances change with both challenge and opportunity. Ability to embrace both, regardless of existing
constraints, and fashion solutions to move forward.
• Teamwork: As a leader, the Corporate Controller will play a pivotal role in providing direction to the team in a facilitative and
• Fit: The most important qualification of all is that of “being” that member of the team.