Process/Project Engineer Amalgamated Sugar Company – Paul, Idaho
Amalgamated Sugar Company is seeking a Process/Project Engineer at our Mini-Cassia factory in Paul, ID with experience with Engineering systems in the manufacturing environment and a working knowledge of all current Engineering design, maintenance, production, process, and manufacturing practices. This position is responsible for assisting in the development, management and communication the company’s Production Plan, Syrup Movement Plan and Granulated Sugar Plan, monitor the factory production operations in accordance with Operating Instructions, company polices and the Collective Bargaining Agreement as well as identifying operating problems and coordinate with Plant Management in developing and implementing solutions. This position could develop and manage large process improvement projects. Applicants must have the ability to manage multiple projects, prepare budgets and proposals, coordinate efforts of several departments and provide a leadership role in the development, installation, and monitoring of each project through commissioning. Duties could include develop, conduct training, work instructions, Process Hazard Assessments (PHAs), provide process optimization oversight and support for assigned area KPI’s to maximize throughput and extraction and to minimize operating expenses for all value streams. Run specialized testing/analysis on unit operations to assess process efficiencies and identify areas of improvement. Perform other duties as assigned. Additionally, this position provides technical assistance in new equipment installation and commissioning, develops and managers extra-ordinary budgets and proper account allocation, helps maintain database historian, performs technical studies, and resolves issues with outside agencies such as Fire, Police, News Media, Utilities, Idaho Department of Environmental Quality, Food and Drug Administration and EPA in the absence of Plant Management. Amalgamated Sugar Company is built on innovation and is a proud leader in the sugar industry and that can only happen with the best people. Qualified candidates need to be dynamic and be able to work successfully in a fluid environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required, preferably in Chemical or Mechanical engineering. A professional engineering license or the desire to obtain a license is a plus.
- 5 years experience in related field preferred.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Considerable experience in processing systems in a manufacturing environment and current Engineering design practices.
- Considerable knowledge and experience with mass balances a plus.
- Possess a working knowledge of industrial pumps and piping systems, material handling & power transmission, heat transfer and thermodynamics.
- Experience with process control is a plus.
This posting complies with Policy 2.2 of the Policy & Procedures Manual