Applications are now being accepted for the position of Zone Inspector in Development Services at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage range of $23.50 - $27.00 per hour, DOQ. This position is eligible for a Sign On Bonus. ACHD offers an excellent benefits package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
· The Zone Inspector monitors, inspects and investigates contractor compliance with District policy, specifications, and standards for work performed within the public right-of-way areas of Ada County.
· The incumbent must have a thorough knowledge of construction practices and procedures; good knowledge of materials used in construction and roadway development; good knowledge of work zone traffic control signing and traffic safety procedures; good knowledge of ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) requirements and guidelines for pedestrian facilities; ability to perform mathematical engineering calculations; ability to read and interpret construction specifications and drawings; ability to prepare effective inspection notes and testing documentation.
· Must possess a valid Idaho driver’s license.
· Must either have or be able to obtain certifications for Nuclear Safety and Responsible Person for erosion and sediment control within 6 months; must obtain WAQTC Certifications within 12 months of employment.
· Must have good experience with use of computer programs, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with TrakIt and GIS software preferred.
· Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs.
· Any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be acceptable.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations