Applications are now being accepted for the position of Utility Specialist in the Capital Projects Department at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage range of $21.30 - $24.50 per hour, DOQ. ACHD offers an excellent benefits package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, paid parental leave, daycare assistance, 401K match and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
Primary Responsibilities: · The Utility Specialist assists the Utility Coordinator in the technical and administrative field and office duties associated with the installation, relocation, and/or protection of utilities installed in public roadways. Works with ACHD employees and the owners of utilities located in public roadways.
· Assists in developing schedules for installation and relocation of utilities, and in the resolution of utility-related problems. · Maintains the database and monitors compliance with the District’s no-cut policy; performs construction plan reviews and quality checks.
· Must have good knowledge of Utility location and equipment used in utility location and relocation activities; principles and practices of roadway, structure, and utility construction; survey principles, survey staking, and layout including offsets, cuts, fills, and centerline controls; traffic hazards and traffic safety procedures; engineering calculations.
· Considerable knowledge of computer operating programs; specifically Word, Excel, and GIS software.
· Experience in road and utility construction supplemented by college-based courses in Civil Engineering or Construction Management are a plus.
· Requires a valid Idaho Driver’s License. · Any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be acceptable.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.