Traffic Management Center Operator

Ada County Highway District   Garden City, ID   Full-time     Call Center / Customer Service
Posted on January 31, 2024
Apply Now

Traffic Management Center Operator

Applications are now being accepted for a part-time Traffic Management Center (TMC) Operator in the Congestion Management Department at Ada County Highway District. Starting wage range is $16.50 - $19.00 per hour, DOQ. This position works 25 hours per week, from 1:30 - 6:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. This position includes an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).

Primary Responsibilities: • The TMC Operator will be responsible for monitoring ACHD closed circuit television cameras, emergency scanners, and a computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system as well as making appropriate emergency calls as needed. • The incumbent will be responsible for logging incidents into a computer database and placing messages on arterial street Dynamic Message Signs. • The incumbent will communicate frequently with law enforcement, media partners, the public and ACHD staff regarding roadway conditions.

Qualifications: • Must have a good knowledge of computer operating systems and database software, basic traffic laws and regulations, traffic safety and traffic safety procedures. • Must have the ability to prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive reports for administrative and technical issues as well as communicate effectively orally and in writing. • Must be able to use discretion when reviewing or sharing sensitive information. • Experience in control center operations or law enforcement dispatching is preferred. Possession of a valid Idaho driver's license is required. • Must be familiar with, or be able to become familiar with, Ada County roadways. • Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, abilities, may be acceptable. 

An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulation