Senior Locate Technician
Senior Locate Technician Applications are now being accepted for a Senior Locate Technician in the Capital Projects department at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This position is scheduled to work Monday – Friday 8am – 4:30pm. This position requires some evening and / or weekend work. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a starting wage range of $21.30 – $24.50 per hour, DOQ. ACHD offers an excellent benefit package which includes medical, vision and dental insurance, paid parental leave, daycare assistance, paid vacation and holidays, 401K match and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
• The Senior Locate Technician responds to utility locate requests from a centralized dispatch center used by other agencies, contractors, and property owners. They will be responsible for managing the software/system used to receive the locate requests and direct the work of the Locate Technicians.
• The Senior Locate Technician will provide training and technical guidance to the Locate Technicians.
• Must be able to identify and mark underground utilities by referencing utility prints, existing record drawings, District software, using specific locating equipment, and performing field investigations.
• The nature of the work performed requires that an employee in this classification establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with contractors, developers, property owners, other agencies, the general public and other District employees.
• Requires conceptual understanding of Districts infrastructure; a good knowledge of utility locates and the required color associated with each; Idaho damage prevention rules and statues; traffic safety and work zone requirements.
• Must have the ability to work independently, be organized, prioritize tasks, and demonstrate good time management skills; work in all types of terrain and hazards (grass, gravel, uneven ground, ditches, etc.), in all types of environments (roadway, public right-of-way, etc.), and in all types of weather conditions; operate a computer and related business software.
• Previous experience with locating equipment and methods is preferred.
• Good understanding of urban stormwater infrastructure and previous GIS or CAD experience is preferred.
• Must possess an Idaho driver’s license.
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to HR by 4:30 p.m., January 17, 2023. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St., Garden City, ID or on our website at www.achdidaho.org.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.