General Equipment Operator-Utility Crew
General Equipment Operator – Utility Crew
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a General Equipment Operator on the Utility Crew in our Maintenance Division. This is a full-time, non-exempt position and starting wage is $21.30 - $24.50 per hour, DOQ. This position is eligible for a Sign On Bonus.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation, and holidays, paid parental leave, 401K match and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
• Under general supervision of the Utility Crew Chief, the primary duties of this position are to perform skilled work, manual labor, and operate light- to heavy-duty maintenance equipment.
• The crew performs a variety of work from cleaning ditches, fixing cave-ins, and laying pipe to installing concrete.
• Responding to winter weather conditions and other emergencies is an essential function of this position and may require working outside of normal work hours.
• Experience in construction and concrete work such as setting forms and finishing curbs and sidewalks is desired, as well as the ability to shoot grade and lay pipe to grade.
• Must have a current Idaho Class A CDL license or the ability to obtain one within 6 months of employment.
If license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL by start of employment. Must obtain a tanker endorsement within 30 days of
• Candidates without a Class A CDL may be considered for a General Equipment Operator CDL Training Opportunity. Within the first 6 months of employment must attend District provided CDL training course
and complete required training and tests to obtain Idaho Class A CDL with Tanker endorsement.
• Experience operating a 10-wheel dump truck is desired, experience with use of a plow and sander/anti-icing
unit a plus.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Strong work ethic is required.
• Any combination of education, training, or experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30pm on
March 30, 2023. Applications will be reviewed periodically.
Apply as soon as possible to ensure you will be considered for this position. This job announcement will be closed if the position is filled prior to the closing date.
Applications are available at 3775 Adams St., Garden City, ID 83714 or on our website at
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations