Gen Equipment Operator-Rover
General Equipment Operator- Rover Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a General Equipment Operator - Rover. This is a full-time, non-exempt position and starting wage is $21.30 – 24.50 per hour/ DOQ. ACHD offers an excellent benefit package which includes medical, vision and dental insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
• This GEO position works with the Paint Crew and Grade Crew. Time will be split between these crews during the year.
• The GEO will operate various paint vehicles and equipment to mark roadways. Markings include striping, crosswalks, arrows, bike lanes, raised pavement markers, etc. Will also assist in paint related duties, such as maintaining and cleaning the equipment, keeping daily logs, setting up traffic control and work zone safety, and monitoring of seasonal help.
• May also perform maintenance on roadways including cracksealing, patching, potholes, trench repairs, shoulder repairs, and other road maintenance and asphalt techniques.
• Operates light- to heavy-duty maintenance equipment which may include dump truck, water truck, street sweeper, roller, front-end loader, jackhammer, and winter maintenance equipment for plowing, sanding, and deicing the roads. • Early morning painting and winter operations are essential functions and will require the employee to work outside of normal work hours during peak seasons.
• Must have a current Idaho Class A CDL license. If license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL by start of employment. Tanker endorsement is required within 30 days of start of employment.
• Knowledge of road markings, asphalt processes, crack seal, and other road maintenance techniques is preferred as well as experience driving CDL vehicles and operating road construction equipment.
• Any combination of education, training or experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m, January 18, 2023. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St.; Garden City, ID 83714 or on our website at www.achdidaho.org.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations