Gen Eqipment Operator-Drainage Crew
General Equipment Operator- Drainage Crew Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a General Equipment Operator on the Drainage Crew. This is a full-time, non-exempt position and starting wage is $21.30 – 24.50 per hour/ DOQ. This position is eligible for a sign on bonus. ACHD offers an excellent benefit package which includes medical, vision and dental insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
• Under supervision of the Drainage Crew Chief, the primary duties include cleaning storm drain pipes, catch basins, grates, skimmers, irrigation pipes crossing the Right-of-Way, and sediment tanks throughout Ada County.
• Performs skilled work and operates light- to heavy-duty maintenance equipment and winter maintenance equipment for plowing, sanding, and deicing the roads.
• Winter operations are an essential function of this position and may require working outside of normal work hours.
• Prior experience operating a Hydro Vac Truck, Loader, Dump Truck, and Water Truck is preferred, but not required. Experience operating a Dump Truck with sander/anti-icing unit is a plus.
• Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs., and a strong work ethic is required.
• Must have a current Idaho Class A CDL license or the ability to obtain one within 6 months of employment. If license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL by start of employment. Must obtain a tanker endorsement within 30 days of employment.
• Any combination of education, training or experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m, January 17, 2023. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St.; Garden City, ID 83714 or on our website at www.achdidaho.org.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations